Sr. Software Engineer – Overwatch Labs at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
We're building the next-generation infrastructure and security platform for CrowdStrike. The OverWatch Labs (OWL) team builds the platform and tools for our analysts on the OverWatch team to process and hunt (identify potentially harmful activity) through well over 100 billion events a day, and growing.
OverWatch continuously hunts for potential threatening behaviors, patterns, and activities across all our customers environments to find adversary activities that may be occurring without their knowledge.
We are looking for an engineer who wants to help move the OWL platform forward as we scale even further. Someone with a broad range of computer skills throughout the software stack and clear communication skills would thrive in this environment. You should love working on large-scale, distributed, cloud-based, highly available systems that can efficiently operate over hundreds of billions events a day.
- Lead projects to build new components and extend the current system, where you would need to gather requirements, plan, code, test, and deploy to completion.
- Help the OverWatch team become more effective in their analysis and hunting by improving the platform and tools.
- Work closely with cloud architects to evolve our systems for future growth and platform development.
- Bring research projects into production environments and integrate them with the OWL systems.
- Work in a devops environment where you (and your team) are responsible for the systems you deploy.
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
- Have a desire for quality and understand what tools and processes you need to reach that level and help the team reach a higher bar.
- Be an adaptable and flexible engineer who is constantly learning and enjoys tackling complex and novel challenges.
- Work as part of a distributed team of remote workers across timezones.
- Use and give back to the open source community.
- Go (Golang)
What You'll Need
- Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience).
- Experience with Python, and a compiled language such as Golanga bonus.
- Built web-services with data processing pipelines and the concepts required.
- Experience with relational and noSQL databases (Redis, Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearcha plus).
- Understanding of messaging or queueing software, Kafkaexperience highly desirable.
- Linuxskills and experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments.
- Understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges, particularly in Cloud environments such as AWS.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- Authored and lead successful open source libraries and projects.
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Existing exposure to Go, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch...
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
Bring your experience in distributed technologies and algorithms, your great API and systems design sensibilities, and your passion for writing code that performs at extreme scale. You will help build a platform that scales to millions of events per second and Terabytes of data per day. If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high scale, you’ve come to the right place.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.