Sr. Software Engineer – Windows Endpoint Protection at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”, which is a driver installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud. The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, can correlate malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
Join CrowdStrike and become a key leader building the most innovative endpoint security solution in the world. Our sensor development team is responsible for building the endpoint sensor which deploys on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to have ownership over major components and development projects. You will be required to architect solutions and lead small teams to implement our core features. Features will cross cut most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory and process, and networking. Many features are also built in a way that they will have shared components across multiple platforms. You need to be able to lead projects efficiently while maximizing performance and minimizing costs, making sure high standards are being followed when it comes to design, coding quality, and unit and component testing.
- Provide key leadership on the sensor development team involved in architecture, strategy, in building and improving next generation Anti-Virus and Enhanced Detection and Response Security Software.
- Develop new product concepts.
- Lead development teams in designing and building software with cross platform deliverables (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Own features from design to delivery including participation in product demo at the end of the sprint.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams in various locations.
- Produce high quality Software and Design
- Experience leading teams to ship major features and releases.
- Able to lead, mentor, communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Low-level OS knowledge in either Windows, Mac OS or Linux
- Extensive experience with C++ and OS Kernel Development
- Strong background in Security
- Strong background in scalable systems
- Familiarity and experience with Agile process
- OS system expertise for core concepts and subsystems
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.