*SailPoint is HQ'd in Austin but we will consider a remote hire for this role.
This role is responsible for managing a team of very experienced software engineers who are responsible for the technical development of the SailPoint IIQ product: writing quality code and debugging tough problems. To lead this team, we are looking to bring on an experienced and motivational manager who will be responsible for leading all aspects of the design and development of our software. A background in Agile software development environment is preferred.
You will manage a team of roughly 10 skilled engineers and testers. The IIQ team prides themselves for having a stable, close knit team that works collaboratively and towards common goals.
• Day-to-day leadership of the Engineering team
• Partnering with Product Management to ensure the team has a clear strategic direction and roadmap
• Resource allocation for key projects
• Coaching engineers to develop their full potential
• Project planning – identifying, scoping, prioritizing, tracking and reporting deliverables and milestones
• Managing risk and issues
• Extensive background in Engineering
• Results focused with a track record of success working in an Agile environment
• Experience building and managing a team of Software Engineers
• Good understanding of software development in Java
• An exceptional mentor and leader with a passion for continuous improvement
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
• Pro-active, flexible and a people person
BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.