Sr. Threat Research Engineer/Sandbox Coverage Architect at CrowdStrike
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role:
CrowdStrike’s Sandbox team is expanding. We are looking for an accomplished engineer to analyze current threats and their methodologies and to set the technical direction for our sandbox architecture and data extraction capabilities, working closely with our team of developers, devops engineers, and security researchers.
- Analyze malware and security threats to determine gaps in coverage and their remediation. Work jointly with security researchers across teams to understand the threat landscape.
- Identify and design the next-generation features to effectively analyze the latest malware using Falcon Sandbox.
- Hands-on contributions to the codebase for both prototype and production purposes.
- Being an independent self-starter who likes to take ownership and independently seeks out new challenges.
- Experience working on sandbox technology and malware analysis both in a hands-on and design role.
- Expert on Windows internals; expertise on Mac and Linux is a plus.
- Comfortable diving into a C/C++ codebase.
Location: U.S. (remote)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.