Staff Back-end Engineer- Identity Management at Realtor.com
Are you passionate about building software solutions to solve real customer problems? Do you like fast-paced work environments? Are you passionate about modern programming languages, design patterns, and scalable architectures? You’ll be right at home here!
The technology team at realtor participates in research and development of scalable applications. Team also identifies new technologies and trends and how they can enhance our products and business. Our consumers and customers are always pushing us to innovate and grow, so come and help us push the boundaries of what's possible! Work and learn from the world-class talent that promotes a culture of experimentation and learning.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer in our enablement engineering community focused on Identity Management. Joining our team as a Staff Software Engineer provides the opportunity to deliver high quality technical implementations in the space of Identity Management to support Realtor.com’s personalized consumer experience. Consumers are our north star and we aim to provide buyers, owners, sellers, and renters a best in class experience built on a modern tech stack. The role will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplinary pool of engineering and technology talent in close partnership with internal stakeholders across North America.
What you’ll do
- Design, build, and maintain our Identity Management service, solving for the challenges of today as well as building for the future.
- Work collaboratively in a community composed of Product Managers, Analysts, Scientists, and Engineers
- Understand the problem space of Identity Management at Realtor.com and partner with multiple teams and product to define our technology roadmap
- Lead by example, process improvement initiatives to improve our practices and the quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Coach, mentor, and guide colleagues to deliver the best solution keeping in mind return on investment and total cost of ownership
- Actively seek out new technologies, evaluate them and make recommendations to integrate them into our solutions and products
- Contribute to building a team focused on quality, innovation, inclusion, and teamwork
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- 10+ years experience in relevant fields (Building large-scale back-end services, data pipelines, etc.)
- Effective driver of improvement in software engineering practices (coding standards, code reviews, continuous integration, test driven development, etc.)
- Passion for leading software development and design
- Experience in cloud-based architecture, development, and deployment (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Strong experience in API development, GraphQL a plus
- Strong experience with build, test and deployment automation technologies
- Strong experience monitoring for SLAs, alerting, and remediating service disruptions
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.