What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a Staff Privacy & Security Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Privacy & Security Engineer, you’ll be a key member of the Privacy & Security Engineering team, within the Security Engineering Department. You’ll influence Engineering to adopt security and privacy by design, secure SDLC, and internal consulting on remediating security vulnerabilities. You’ll work on complex platform security projects both independently and collaboratively in our agile environment. This role requires a strong background in security as it relates to platform infrastructure, application security, and other aspects of network/cloud infrastructure security. If you’re interested in becoming a foundational member of the Procore security team, setting the course for security within Procore for years to come—we’d like to hear from you.
This position will report to our Manager of Privacy & Security Engineering and has the opportunity to be based in any of our US office locations. Remote candidates will be considered with experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Apply suitable design patterns to manage the privacy and security of customer data within our production environment
- Understand the security and general architectural vision of Procore 2.0
- Be a technical mentor for the Privacy & Security Engineering team, as well as an influencer of the Data Engineering team
- Work closely with Security Architecture, Product, Data Engineering, and Legal
- Work across Ruby on Rails, Apache, Nginx, Snowflake, data Analytics, PostgreSQL, AWS tech stacks
What we are looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering with at least 5 years of experience building security products and internal security tools
- Experience with conducting threat assessments and building threat models
- Differential Privacy techniques as they apply to access to sensitive data, anonymization and sharing.
- Thorough understanding of vulnerability classes (OWASP), how they can be exploited
- Knowledge of cryptography, including symmetric & asymmetric ciphers, hash functions, PKI, and certificates. Application of cryptography to software engineering problems, such as secrets management, authentication, and data masking, and tokenization.
- Understanding of open standards such as OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, and TLS.
- Familiarity of data privacy laws such as GDPR and CCPA and related data security requirements.
- Deep background and experience in:
- AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, KMS, Cloudfront, Secrets Manager, Route53, S3, Lambda, IAM) and orchestration tools
- Linux Systems
- Hashicorp Technologies (Consul, Terraform, Vault, Packer)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes) and Container Management (Istio, EKS,Secrets management)
- Config Management (Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Endpoint host protection technologies (Crowdstrike, Falco)
- WAF technologies
- Security Observability and analytics
- Networking protocol knowledge (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Basic project management skills, experience creating application documentation, and demonstrated ability to train other team members
- Technical Certifications are a plus (GIAC, OCSP, CISSP)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.