As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
The Engineering team at Workrise leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value. We are organized into agile, cross-functional product line teams consisting of engineering, product and design which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high-value features and functionality.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to help us build the next evolution of the Workrise cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, Terraform), developer tooling (CI/CD) and application infrastructure (Kubernetes, Istio Service Mesh) and monitoring (Open Telemetry, Sumo Logic).
Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining and improving a Kubernetes based microservice ecosystem that empowers our application teams to rapidly and securely deliver value
- Implementing easy to use tooling to provide platform level resources to application teams as a source of best practice standards
- Collaborate with our application teams to understand their pain points and ensure their success
- Championing continuous improvement of our methods to deploy & support our cloud architecture
- Work closely with an engineering manager and principal engineer to build a roadmap
- Mentoring devops engineers across the organization, providing guidance and support with a sense of stewardship for their growth
- Influencing the wider engineering team through demos, brown bag topics, and design proposals
- Handling on-call rotation ensuring high uptime and resiliency for our customers and development teams
What you should have:
- 6+ years supporting a high availability cloud environment in a DevOps or SRE role
- 8+ years of relevant DevOps experience
- Experience provisioning, deploying, and supporting containers with Helm / Kustomize, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience building and rolling out a standardized CI/CD process (Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, CircleCI, etc.)
- Deep monitoring, observability tooling implementation and knowledge of SRE concepts (SumoLogic, Stackdriver, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience building self-service platforms for infrastructure as code technologies for cloud resources, preferably Terraform
- Extensive networking skills (VPC, VPN, TCP/IP, routing, load balancing, DNS)
- Experience with one or more cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- You have worked on teams that build tools for developers
- You have a background or certifications in cloud security
- Experience with pub/sub messaging technology like Kafka (or equivalent)
- Experience configuring and maintaining a Kubernetes service mesh (Istio)
- Experience with remote collaboration with teams in different time zones
More than a Job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!