Staff Software Engineer - Data Ingestion at Realtor.com
This position is open to work remotely in Canada
Who We Are
Realtor.com is your one-stop-shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise. We make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
About The Role
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a motivated and energetic Staff Software Engineer to join the Realtor.com Data Ingestion team within the Data Platform organization. Staff Software Engineers on the Data Ingestion Team are responsible for the services and infrastructure capable of sending, ingesting, and processing the extensive volume of data produced on its various platforms each day. Data Ingestion Engineers build the infrastructure and tools needed to enable engineers, analysts, and scientists to send real time data to products that operate against our largest data sets. In this position, you will work to build scalable ingestion points that guarantee quality data in real time to downstream infrastructure. We are building out a modern real-time data platform where you will get to drive decisions and be part of a team that has a lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers and Engineers
- Implement new infrastructure and features that enable our internal stakeholders to create real time feedback and data driven decisions
- Develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, and data quality
- Develop and operationalize data pipelines, backend services, and distributed systems using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Own the delivery, quality, and reliability of our data platform and act as support for production issues, profile performance, and drive in root cause analysis.
- Actively seek out new technologies, evaluate them and make recommendations to integrate them into our solutions and products
- Perform presentations of our products/features to internal stakeholders
- Work in a primarily Agile/Scrum product development process
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- 7+ years experience building backend infrastructure and API’s for internal engineering teams
- Knowledge of API best practices and industry standards
- Familiar with AWS cloud-based architectures, development, revision control, test, and deployment automation.
- Familiar with multiple data collecting, streaming, and processing technologies
- Ability to clearly document and communicate technical requirements.
- Ability to drive initiatives as a technical lead and subject matter expert in one or more areas
- Ability to perform technical presentations to Move’s internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced technical leader with a strong sense of ownership of infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or related experience
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-BA1