Who We Are
Realtor.com is your one-stop-shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise. We make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
About The Role
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a motivated and energetic Staff Experimentation Engineer with automation and solution architecture experience in AWS to join the Realtor.com Experimentation Enablement team within the Data Platform organization. Staff Software Engineers on the Experimentation Enablement Team are responsible for building and maintaining the core experimentation platform, CI/CD pipelines, and automated services that enable our company to easily design and launch tests, collect the data, and make insights from the results, all at scale. This is a new and exciting team with opportunities to provide key input on projects and direction. We are building out a modern experimentation platform where you will get to be part of a small but high performing team that has a lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively across squads and in cross-functional teams composed of Product Managers and Engineers
- Implement new infrastructure and features that enable our internal stakeholders to easily create and launch experiments
- Design, deliver, and support cloud architectures for products in experimentation and data science enablement.
- Develop reusable components and frameworks for integrating, deploying, monitoring, and providing results for experiments
- Coordinate closely with the development teams, ensuring that they have the tools, know-how, and processes to achieve their experimentation goals
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to test development, deployment, and operations
- Ensure that our goals of performance, security, resilience, cost optimization, and operational efficiency are an integral part of all of our projects.
- Work in a primarily Agile/Scrum product development process
- A driven software engineer with a focus on DevOps that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of project ownership
- 7+ years of hands-on software development, Operations, DevOps engineering, or systems integration
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Python, NodeJS or Bash etc.
- Familiar with modern Devops deployment and testing methodologies including but not limited to Blue green deployment, Canary deployment,A/B testing and AA testing
- Familiarity with AWS services (EC2, ECS, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, SQS, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, CloudFront, etc.)
- Familiar with AWS cloud-based architectures, development, revision control, testing, and deployment automation.
- Experience with build & release automation tools and methodologies such as Jenkins
- Must be comfortable collaborating with teams to design solutions that solve business needs
- Ability to clearly document and communicate technical requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with interest to teach and mentor other engineers with varying domains of expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent field experience
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-DW1