Staff Software Engineer - MarTech at realtor.com
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We make buying, selling, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
About The Role
Data is the vital lifeblood upon which all of our tools and experiences are built. Data is an enabler and a multiplier that allows us to personalize our products, power our MarTech stack, make better decisions and manage our risks. We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a motivated and energetic Staff Software Engineer to join the Realtor.com MarTech Engineering team. In this position, you will help make valuable data easily accessible for everyone. You will work across the full stack and multiple teams developing and operating mission critical systems that integrate with thousands of data sources and process millions of records daily. You will ship code that ensures the flow of content onto realtor.com and across our publisher network to reach tens of millions of consumers, learn about and leverage new technologies, work with an experienced team of engineers and be part of a team that has a lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
- Guide teams in anticipation of extensibility needs and help them make design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes
- Lead by example, process improvement initiatives to improve our practices and the quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Have a strong focus on performance, scalability, resiliency and availability
- Coach, mentor, and guide colleagues to deliver the best solution keeping in mind return on investment and total cost of ownership
- Design and implement new application features that delight our users
- Incorporate advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models into your solutions
- Design, develop and operationalize data pipelines, backend services and distributed systems using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer tool-chain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Actively seek out new technologies, evaluate them and make recommendations to integrate them in our solutions and products
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great code base in a fast-paced environment
- You are intimately familiar with one of the Martech stacks and have worked on either Adobe, Google, Salesforce or other consumer marketing stack
- Able to take requirements and build something that’s simple yet impactful, minimalistic yet beautiful, extensible yet maintainable.
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Ability to lead other engineers to deliver large scale projects
- Experience with developing complex software systems using modern frameworks, tools, and systems
- Experience working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on both front end and back end
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences
- 7+ years experience building large scale web applications, web services and data pipelines
- Proficient in multiple object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, Java, Node.js, Dart) and the eagerness to learn more
- Exposure to cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- Extensive experience with build, test and deployment automation technologies
- Extensive experience monitoring for SLAs, alerting, and remediating service disruptions
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, Master's degree a plus
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.