Staff Software Engineer - Notifications at Realtor.com
About The Role
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer in our enablement engineering community focused on building a notifications service. This Staff Software Engineer will deliver high quality technology stack implementations in the notifications space to support Realtor.com’s user experience. Consumers are our north star and we aim to provide buyers, owners, sellers, and renters a best in class experiences built on a modern notifications stack. The role will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplinary pool of engineering and technology talent in close partnership with Engineers, Product Managers, and Marketers across North America.
What you’ll do
- Design, build, and maintain our Notifications service stack, covering the entire spectrum of technology including cross-channel campaign management platforms (CCCMs), Consumer Engagement Platforms, AWS S3, and AWS Lambda, among others
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers, Marketers, and Engineers
- Lead by example, process improvement initiatives to improve our practices and the quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Coach, mentor, and guide colleagues to deliver the best solution keeping in mind return on investment and total cost of ownership
- Incorporate advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models into your solutions
- Actively seek out new technologies, evaluate them and make recommendations to integrate them into our solutions and products
- Actively promote a culture of inclusion and teamwork
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years experience in relevant fields (Building large-scale web applications, web services, data pipelines, etc.)
- Experience driving improvement in software engineering practices/architectural skills (coding standards, code reviews, documentation, etc.)
- Passion for software development
- Experience working with large data sets and leveraging moden data technologies (S3, Airflow, Snowflake, Kafka, etc.)
- Exposure to cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- Experience with build, test and deployment automation technologies
- Experience monitoring for SLAs, alerting, and remediating service disruptions
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.