Staff Software Engineer in Test - BACx at Realtor.com (Austin, TX)
Are you passionate about building internal software solutions to bolster product confidence and quality?
Are you passionate about modern programming languages, design patterns, and scalable architectures?
Do you like fast-paced work environments with a strong collaborative culture?
You’ll be right at home here!
The technology team at realtor participates in the research and development of scalable applications. The team also identifies new technologies and trends and how they can enhance our products and business. Our consumers and customers are always pushing us to innovate and grow, so come and help us push the boundaries of what's possible! Work and learn from the world-class talent that promotes a culture of experimentation and learning.
You will be joining the Broker Agent Concierge eXperience (BACx) tech community. The community is responsible for connecting buyers, sellers, and renters with customers (agents) and partners. We build innovative technology solutions to help consumers in their buying and selling journeys. The BACx community is enabling Realtor to build a stronger business by connecting consumers with partner companies and customers (agents). Our technology solutions help connect consumers and work as a guide in the home buying, selling, and renting journey.
As a Staff SDET at realtor.com, you are the owner of teams test architecture. You’ll be looked to as a technical leader providing the team the system wide view and design guidance. You’ll focus on quality test plans, reliable stopgaps, and long-term solutions that bolster confidence while reducing friction in your team’s development process. You understand long-term business needs, impacts of technology decisions, and are ready to implement unobtrusive pieces of process and tech —-key to helping your team release efficiently with confidence. You help guide the team in making the right trade-offs between short-term validation solutions and the long-term confidence guard rails for your squad’s CI/CD process. You apply a testing and quality-checkpoint mindset to provide confidence in merging and monitoring system-wide design decisions made by other teams. You work on project ideas with Product Management and engage with customers, stakeholders, and peers. Your code submissions and approach to work are exemplary. You mentor by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, and team planning.
What will you do?
- Lead the testing and validation design/delivery for complex problem spaces in a team.
- Remove friction without increasing risk within the team’s testing solutions and deployment pipeline.
- Provide risk assessment and test guidance for team(s) regarding system architecture and design.
- Develop high quality, scalable, and reliable testing solutions and coverage.
- Work collaboratively in squads composed of Product Managers, Designers, Analysts, and Engineers.
- Advocate, mentor, and develop testing and confidence habits on your team of engineers
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to improve risk management and quality confidence
- Contribute to features and fixes in the codebase
- Be self-directed, take initiative and drive towards solutions with little guidance
What will you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience contributing to testing architecture and quality/confidence process
- Experience in building software or interest and ability to learn in the Realtor.com stack:
- Python (Flask, FactoryBoy, Pytest)
- React / React Native, NodeJS
- Jest, Cypress.io, Detox
- Experience with database systems and AWS knowledge preferred
- Experience delivering solutions and strategies to determine risk, confidence, and validation quickly.
- Experience with system design and trade-offs between design approaches
- Strong software engineering best practices (e.g. testing, code reviews, documentation).
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.