Support Tools Developer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020"Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX, is looking for a Support Tools Developer. The role is responsible for the development and maintenance of an internally created system of tools, charts, and reporting utilized by the BigCommerce Client Success Services organization. You will report directly to the Director of Workforce Management and Analysis while working alongside a seasoned Support Tools Developer and will handle smaller backend projects as well as a front end redesign.
What You’ll Do:
- Work extensively with various SaaS REST, JSON, XML and SOAP APIs to gather data for internal consumption.
- Work with the various stakeholders under Client Success Services to translate requirements into deliverables like dashboards or data tables needed for measuring performance.
- Develop in-house tools that help improve the efficiency and consistency of Client Success Services processes
- Develop and document a software environment that is scalable and user-friendly, helping ensure that future developers are able to effectively work with existing code.
- Update and maintain internal documentation on how each module functions so that internal stakeholders can easily understand how the results are calculated and intended to function.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals.
- Use our internal ticketing system, JIRA, to create, monitor, and document the status of tools requests through completion, keeping stakeholders regularly informed of progress
- Follow the prioritization board in JIRA to deliver tool updates in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Regularly seek and provide feedback on the effectiveness of current support tools.
- Troubleshoot Bug Reports and user problems, recommend solutions, document and deliver information on bugs, patches, updates, etc to appropriate stakeholders.
- Regularly verify the accuracy of existing tools and modules to ensure they continue to correctly produce the expected results.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to self-teach through problem-based learning or experiential learning techniques.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and the flexibility to adjust to constantly changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills to solve complex data challenges.
- Ability to utilize or quickly learn SQL, Ruby, and JSON queries to perform complex operations and to build output data into effective web-based reporting through libraries like HighCharts.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data models and/or the ability to interpret functioning database designs.
- Self-starter with a drive to achieve goals independently as well as in teams.
- Solid grasp of user interface and design concepts associated with data reporting structures.
- Ability to accurately sort and analyze data and develop and maintain SQL databases.
- Understanding of Salesforce and Five9s reporting environments and APIs preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.