Systems Integration Engineer
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for leadership and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, California and offices in London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
The Systems Integration Engineer is responsible for the development and ongoing improvement of core LogicMonitor monitoring modules, (DataSources, EventSources, ConfigSources, PropertySources, SysOID Maps, AppliesTo Functions), and all future monitoring modules within the product. A successful Systems Integration Engineer will – in coordination with the Manager of the team, Product, Support, Professional Services, and our customers – create and refine monitoring that gathers actionable metrics, present these metrics in logical and consistent way, and alert according to best-practices.
- Create new LogicModules based on company strategic priorities and customer needs
- Maintain existing LogicModules based on strategic priorities and customer feedback
- Continually develop deep understanding of LogicMonitor technologies to devise custom monitoring strategies
- Research technologies and provide statement-of-work guidance & SKU quoting for custom and/or expedited monitoring requests
- Work cooperatively with Customer Success, Professional Services, Product, and Engineering groups to deliver technically apt solutions
- Provide exceptional service to customers during the course of development (timely emails and calls to clients, professional/courteous services, etc.).
- End-to-end management of the LogicModule request process, using our ticketing system to follow development through to completion
- Make improvements to our lab infrastructure as needed to assist in the development and simulation process
- Educate colleagues and customers by creating both internal and customer-facing documentation
- Conduct security review on LogicModules submitted to the Exchange by the community
What You'll Need:
- Understanding of IT operations infrastructure and how the various roles are related (networks, servers, storage devices, databases, applications, etc.)
- Passion for technical problem solving with IT systems and networks
- Ability to do independent research on unfamiliar technologies and digest that knowledge into monitoring strategy