Movoto Real Estate is the fastest growing top 5 residential real estate site used by 650,000 daily users looking to buy or sell their home. We are seeking a Technical Lead - Backend Services, who has a passion for technology to help us add new exciting features to our extremely successful real estate platform.
The OJO Talent Acquisition team is on the search for a Technical Lead - Backend Services for our residential search site, Movoto. Movoto + OJO brings scale, opportunities to solve unique problems, and the ability to drive significant outcomes for the organization. Thank you for your interest!
We are currently open to candidates out of California, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other Engineering Leads to build and maintain our Back-End Platform.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers located globally.
- Improve Movoto product architecture for high-performance, scalability, reliability while managing costs.
- Lead root cause analysis and build instrumentation into our stack to understand real-time performance characteristics
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience and 10+ years of overall experience
- Demonstrated expertise in architecting, designing, troubleshooting and improving highly scalable and high performing large web sites (> 10 million visitors per month)
- Demonstrated expertise leading teams and doing technical deep dives into design and code to deliver high quality product and services
- Demonstrated expertise in Cloud Computing services (e.g. Amazon EC2, S3)
- Demonstrated expertise programming in Java
- Demonstrated expertise with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, and Hive
- Demonstrated expertise with Kafka, ElasticSearch and Memcache
- Ability to communicate verbally and written with both technical and non-technical staff located globally
- Demonstrated expertise in Agile software development methodology
What do we have to offer?
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits 100%/75% premium coverage for employees/dependents
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance, AD&D and Disability, FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Engagement Events
- PetPlan (10-15% off premiums)
- PerkSpot – exclusive corporate discounts
- Rocket Lawyer Legal Benefits and more!
Movoto Real Estate was founded on a simple principle: Real estate should be easy.
This foundational idea continues to drive our mission every day, building cutting edge, optimized technology tools and connecting talented, customer-focused agents with motivated buyers and sellers. Today, we are the fastest-growing top five residential real estate site in the United States with nearly 26 million monthly visits. But we are more than a real estate brokerage and research site—we’re a technology company that is bringing real estate into the future with our end-to-end suite of proprietary tools for buyers, sellers, and agents.
In 2020, Movoto was acquired by OJO Labs, a leader in personalized, AI-enabled real estate tools. Combining OJO and Movoto’s deep commitment to creating end-to-end home-buying solutions, we continue to strive to become the most trusted real estate company in North America. Our real estate technology platform comprises the latest data-driven AI technology, client communication tools, marketing and transaction support, a real team of dedicated transaction coordinators, and an agent earnings structure that ensures our agents are successful and can focus on serving their clients.
Movoto is not only committed to making real estate accessible to a diverse community through technology, we strive to increase representation—across all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, sexual orientations, and physical or mental abilities—in our teams. We continue to promote an inclusive work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
Together with OJO and our growing team, we have renewed our dedication to the mission that started it all: making real estate easy in this rapidly changing world.