This position is located in Austin, TX.
Compeat is a software company that supports an industry we all love - the restaurant industry! And the restaurants need us and our quality products now more than ever.
As Compeat's Technical Lead, Mobile Application, you will play an instrumental role in the design, development, and overall product lifecycle for a mobile product that will change the way our restaurant customers operate. Our software enables restaurant servers, managers and operators to be more efficient when utilizing these amazing mobile applications and it’s a game changer for them!! You'll be based at our headquarters in Austin and be able to build your own team.
About the work
- React Native and/or NativeScript development for a mature start-up. As the Lead, you’ll be a player/coach with an essential role in developing experiences for restaurant owners, operators and servers to be more efficient in their jobs.
- We have multiple Mobile apps. You’ll work closely with our current Product Owners, developers and architects and create a delightful user experience across our products.
- Together. Our Engineering leadership, developers, database team, quality assurance and product managers - everyone helps define our strategy and roadmap. You will play a role in helping us decide the direction we take.
- Build a Team. You will have the opportunity to build a team of developers and influence hiring the quality assurance team that supports you as well. You will create and manage tasks for junior developers on your team
- Uncertainty doesn’t intimidate you; the realm of possibilities and ownership inspires you.
- You’re a world-class mobile developer. You have 5+ years of experience and an exceptionally high quality bar for both yourself and others. You have strong computer science fundamentals.
- You've built a team of developers. You will have an immediate need to build a team of a couple of mobile apps developers and influence the hiring of others in the QA team as well.
- You’ve had hands-on experience building “enterprise grade” mobile Apps on iOS and Android with complete ownership of a Mobile-first strategy, consuming modular shared assets with web team.
- You have a history with consuming REST APIs and Graph APIs
- We would love it if you have published (several) mobile apps on Apple's App Store and/or Google's Play Store. You have a breadth of mobile app development expertise across the different stages of the product including publishing to the app store. You know the tradeoffs of balancing velocity and code quality.
- You’re knowledgeable of Mobile authentication or identity provider implementation (Apple Login, Google Login, etc.)
- You have worked on JWT token authentication and role-based feature development based on claims.
- You have business savvy. You understand design drives customer behavior and customer behavior drives business metrics. You seek to understand the business case and incorporate it into your work.
- You have a bias towards action. You understand speed is key in any company looking to win market share and you don’t hesitate to accelerate learnings, designs, and overall output.
- You care about the end result of your work. You have a good, critical eye for details and are obsessed with every pixel, animation and creating a great UX/UI.
- 5+ years full-time mobile development experience (iOS, Android, or both)
- REACT Native experience
- 1-2 years as a Team or Technical Lead
- Deep understanding of how to optimize React Native and/or NativeScript apps for iOS and Android
- Experience in leading a small mobile team of developers and working closely with quality assurance
- Well versed in SDLC using Confluence and Jira with Agile/SCRUM methodology
Great to Have:
- NativeScript compilation of Angular code, managing the UI projects in the same state as web team
- Test driven mobile development
- Waldo automated testing service experience
- Performance management with tree shaking or bundle optimization strategies to minimize assets on the device