Threat Analyst I at CrowdStrike
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
The CrowdStrike Security Response Team is seeking a motivated professional with technical skills to analyze malware and detections. The Security Response Team is focused on improving detection capability and efficiency for the Falcon Host platform through tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by criminal and nation state actors impacting our customer base.
Security Response Analysts respond and investigate individual incidents and track large scale campaigns of malicious activity across a vast customer base leveraging the CrowdStrike Threat Graph™. The analyst is responsible for reviewing and tuning detections within the platform to provide high quality and high fidelity detections. In addition the analyst is responsible for reviewing output of our Machine Learning algorithms to aid in continuous training efforts to provide maximum results.
Security Response is dedicated to responding to our customer's security needs as threats evolve and ensuring CrowdStrike maintains coverage of all relevant threats regardless of the source of attack. Falcon Host is a unique endpoint detection and response solution and Security Analysts on the Security Response Team will have the opportunity to translate their analysis findings into impactful detection capabilities backed by an unprecedented number of events at their disposal for analytic initiatives.
- Review current product detections to ensure they are performing to the company standard.
- Perform tasks to enable detection false positive reduction.
- Analyze binary files to determine if they are legitimate or malicious.
- Address customer questions and concerns as it relates to detections.
- Exposure and understanding through academics or personal explorations on different types and functionality of malware.
- Fundamental understanding of attributes of binary files such as imports/exports and packers.
- Ability to demonstrate practical knowledge of research / collection skills and analytical methods.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, in particular Python.
- Experience in a security operations center or similar environment responding to incidents.
- Good understanding of Windows OS internals and the Windows API.
- Familiarity with tools used in targeted and criminal intrusions.
- A background in exploit and vulnerability analysis is a plus.
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages including C, C++, Java, and assembly.
- General understanding of threat/risk management and threat/risk assessment.
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- United States
- Preferred: Washington DC or Sunnyvale areas
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.