Threat Hunter II
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
The CrowdStrike Security Response Team is seeking a motivated professional with technical
skills to analyze malware, detections and campaigns. The Security Response Team is focused on improving detection capability and efficiency for the Falcon Host platform through tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by criminal and nation state actors impacting our customer base. The position will be closely linked to OverWatch, CrowdStrike’s frontline strategic intrusion analysis cell. If you have demonstrable proficiency in either network/host-based intrusion analysis, digital forensics or cyber threat intelligence, and, real-world experience dealing with advanced threat actors (nation-state, criminal, hacktivist or other), we might have a role for you!
The role will be in a cutting-edge threat-hunting team regularly facing off against sophisticated threat actors. We would like to hear from you if:
- You are capable and comfortable communicating information to both technical and executive-level stakeholders;
- You can demonstrate experience in conventional network\host-based intrusion analysis, digital forensics or handling malware;
- You are comfortable assessing cyber threat intelligence, open source intelligence or partner reporting;
- You have knowledge of programming and scripting languages, in particular Python.
- You have real-world, hands-on experience dealing with malware sophisticated and dynamic cyber threat actors;
- You have a sound understanding of current and emerging threats and ability to demonstrate practical knowledge of security research;
- You have experience in a security operations center or similar environment tracking threat actors and responding to incidents;
- You are looking for a dynamic, fast-paced and challenging role in an unconventional team environment.
- You have knowledge of different operating system platforms (Windows, Unix, Mac).
Bonus points awarded for:
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
- Published research papers at conferences or through other mediums (blogs, articles)
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, computer science or 3 years of equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated Ability to convey extremely technical concepts to audiences with varying technical prowess.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.