Visualization Engineer at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian is looking for a Visualization Engineer to join our Analytics and Visualization Platform team. This team, recently formed out of the acquisition of Chartio, is focused on unleashing the power of data for teams everywhere! More specifically, this team will be building the interfaces and services that help to surface data in dashboards and visualizations for Atlassian's customers.
That's where you come in. We're looking for visualization engineers familiar with creating beautiful and insightful data visualizations. You will be working in a small team of engineers within the Analytics and Visualization Platform team focused on enhancing our existing set of visualizations and envisioning new ways to visualize information. We are excited to have you join our team!
In this role, you will get to:
- Develop and enhance existing visualizations used to bring data to life for Atlassian customers.
- Maintain the visualization libraries, frameworks, and components leveraged across Atlassian.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to implement data visualization products and capabilities.
- Work alongside a team of engineers, contributing to the team culture through your passion, creativity, and experience.
- Learn and grow as an engineer through various career development opportunities.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelors or Masters in a field related to data analytics and visualizations
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Deep experience with industry-standard visualization libraries (i.e. D3.js, Vega, Vega-Lite, ECharts)
- Passion for creating high-quality visualizations using industry best practices
- Understanding of user experience design as it relates to creating high-quality experiences
- Familiarity with Python
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.