VP, Engineering at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
We are looking for an executive level engineering leader to join the engineering leadership team. WP Engine is the digital experience platform for WordPress, the open source software that powers more than 28% of all the websites on the internet. WP Engine has more than 175,000 customers ranging from individual users to large enterprises and digital agencies. WP Engine powers more than 600,000 customer web sites, serving 4 billion requests every day, reaching 5% of the world’s population! In this role, you will be responsible for building the technical strategy and architecture of a platform that serves the evolving needs of our customers.
As VP Engineering, you will drive the entire lifecycle from concept to launch, and build an offering that leverages Domain Driven Design principles. You will participate in market and customer segment analysis and will work closely with our product team to devise and execute on the commerce strategy.
You will lead a diverse team through highly technical problems, to achieve financial and operational goals. It will require someone who can build and lead a high achieving team, being technically proficient enough to be comfortable with the scale & scope of our customer base. You will own the development and execution of our global hiring strategy!
- Identify and understand the customer jobs to be done.
- Participate in the discovery process to define market segments, and customer pain points.
- Design an appropriate architecture that scales with our customers' business.
- Build a technical vision and roadmap for the commerce offering.
- Build an organization to execute against the vision with a test and learn approach.
- Partner with internal teams from sales to support to operationalize the offering.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering leaders to ensure that operational and reliability requirements are clearly articulated and integrated into the product roadmap.
- Coach and mentor the team, creating growth opportunities and building individualized plans.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of ecommerce platforms, and at least 5 years of hands-on experience working in the domain
- Prior experience in working with a partner ecosystem.
- Experience building high available distributed systems on the public cloud.
- Experience building API first solutions
- Strong architectural background and ability to be hands on with code if needed.
- Experience leading a globally distributed team.
- Open source experience is a plus.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with folks across technical and non-technical functions
- Experience interacting with customers directly with a strong dedication to customer success
- Own the technical roadmap and evolution of the commerce offering in coordination with other technical platform owners and business stakeholders.
- Develop the careers and technical capabilities of a team of local and distributed engineers/engineering managers across multiple technical areas and platforms.
- Contribute to the global engineering leadership team and our shared values of creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work community.
The Perks & Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday-Wednesday)
- Gym membership discount veteran
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.