Windows Server Systems Administrator
WINDOWS SERVER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR- HOME OFFICE- AUSTIN, TX
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Kendra Scott is looking to hire a Windows Server Systems Administrator to implement and optimize Windows servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported. This includes designing, installing, configuring, administering, and fine-tuning Windows operating systems, O365 and components across the organization in a timely and efficient manner.
Our ideal candidate must be highly organized, an amazing communicator, and great at troubleshooting computer issues.
• Installation/configuration, operation, maintenance of system hardware and software with Windows Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, GPOs, Azure, O365, and Exchange.
• Lead, coordinate, and participate in key process improvements for all Windows environments throughout the organization.
• Participate in the design and review of new Windows systems and Windows application deployments in both workstations and servers.
• Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Windows systems to meet corporate objectives.
• Perform file system and database configuration and management.
• Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems, including end user desktop PCs and enterprise data servers.
• Ensure that Windows-based workstations and servers comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
• Define and perform system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval.
• Monitor and test system performance; provide statistics and reports.
• Define and implement strategies for integrating Windows and non-Windows operating environments.
• Recommend and execute modifications to Windows systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
• Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) to ensure Windows system security.
• Conduct research on Windows-related hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
• Review and deploy new Windows service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices.
• Develop and maintain Windows training materials and systems documentation for educating end users and new IT staff.
• Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university or college, and a minimum of five years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years' experience with server administration of VMware 6.0, Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer.
• Well versed with Windows 7/10 desktops.
• Experience as a senior level administrator/engineer a plus.
• Experience with designing and implementing Active Directory and related services DNS, WINS, DHCP, FRS, and DFS.
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve all AD replication issues and logon problems with O365 and Azure.
• Extensive experience with VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter, including design and engineering, as well as advanced administration.
• Experience designing, implementing and testing physical and virtual system disaster recovery solutions.
• Experience with storage design and integration with VMWare (iSCSI/NFS)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to write and update concise and logical technical documentation, including, but not limited to; diagrams, charts, specifications and design models.
• Ability to communicate at an executive level and articulate business value of technical solutions.
• Ability to work with team members, at all levels, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
• Ability to make strategic hardware and software recommendations.
• Experience supporting Data Domain and EMC storage solutions.
• ADFS design and integration with SaaS/Azure and SAML providers.
• Designing and implementing Microsoft Clustering and load balancing.
• Experience with compliance of PCI, SOX, HIPPA, or related regulated environments.
• Microsoft, VMWare, and/or SAN Storage certifications a plus.
• Willingness to participate in on-call rotation during off hours and weekends
• Ability to conduct research into Windows issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Must possess strong critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills
• Must be able to deal with ambiguity have high just in time learning ability.
• Integrity, reliability, adaptability, confidence, open-mindedness, and promptness.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, start up, environment.
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic; a team player who shows commitment and dedication to the job.
• Retail environment strongly desired.