We are Liquibase
Liquibase is the leader in the database release automation segment of the more broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 45 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
At Liquibase, we value individual freedom and embrace remote work. We hire internationally, based on merit, to create a diverse team of top-performing people no matter where they live. As a global team, we still highly value collaboration and expect everyone to work similar hours (at least 4 hours overlap with the team in US Central Time).
Who we’re looking for:
You are a highly motivated Web Developer proficient in building modern and elegant websites that perform and streamline the delivery of the information and capabilities they serve up. You love the technical AND creative parts of website development. You bring expertise and ideas to the table and can execute on them. You are eager to drive the success of Liquibase and our customers/community through continuous improvement to our public facing websites, the platform they rely on, and the features and functions they deliver — working across the company and with a team that knows the work you do matters.
What you'll do:
- Develop front-end and back-end website features and functionality — initially in WordPress, but this could change over time
- Work within the Marketing team and cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to understand and contribute to website requirements to support our business goals
- Ideate elegant solutions to meet customer needs
- Inform architectural changes and technical decisions with respect to our websites with a focus on delivering elegant digital experiences with agility, speed, scalability, and optimization
- Stay ahead of the curve on website standards, technologies, and best practices and leverage them to keep our websites optimized
Your background and skill set:
- 6+ years of professional experience building and architecting highly trafficked websites in a fast-paced environment, SaaS startup preferred
- 3+ years working with WordPress, familiarity with common plug-ins/best practices as well as developing custom plug-ins and front-end capabilities
- Working knowledge of WPEngine (including deployment of dev/staging/production environments)
- Experience with modern and/or static site options such as JAMStack, Gatsby, Netlify, etc.
- Professional experience using Git/Bitbucket/GitHub or similar source control systems
- Experience using analytics tools (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, HotJar, Mixpanel, etc.) to assist in site optimization and planning
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., MySQL, SQL Server), web servers (e.g., Apache, Nginx) and UI/UX design
- Experience using WordPress as a standard CMS as well as in a headless mode, a plus
- Experience with ecommerce platforms or payment gateways (FastSpring, Stripe, etc), a plus
- An understanding of technical SEO best practices
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- Great attention to detail, organizational skills, and an analytical mind
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or relevant experience required
- A portfolio of powerful modern web applications/websites that you have contributed to that shows off your expertise
Perks of life at Liquibase:
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
- A fully remote workforce - we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.