Accountant, SEC Reporting at SailPoint
The SEC Reporting Accountant’s (non-senior level) primary responsibility is the preparation of internal and external financial reporting. This highly visible position is hands-on in the quarterly and annual reporting process, especially footnotes and disclosures for all SEC and related filings.
- Active participation in preparation and review of 10-K and 10-Q and other SEC filings, including financial statements, footnotes and MD&A
- Maintaining compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations, in part by completing detailed disclosure checklists.
- Collaborating with other functional groups and obtain the information necessary to draft the appropriate descriptions and wording for footnotes and other disclosures in the SEC Filings
- Assisting with the iXBRL preparation and review process
- Active preparation of quarterly earnings releases and other periodic 8K filings as needed
- Monitor and maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls for financial reporting
- Responsible for keeping current knowledge of GAAP, SEC and industry developments as well as analyzing and communicating the impact to the Company
- Perform technical accounting research and position documentation for complex accounting issues and business transactions
- Participate in evaluation and implementation of new FASB accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Master’s degree and/or CPA is a plus
- Two or more years of experience in accounting and/or financial reporting role, previous public accounting or public company SEC exposure highly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Dedicated, dependable with the commitment to put in additional effort as required to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible, team oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Driven to deliver quality results on time, with a high degree of integrity and in a highly ethical and professional manner
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to articulate complex issues
- Ability to drive process improvement
Location: (No remote work available)
Company headquarters in Austin, TX
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.