At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
Cloudflare is seeking a Lease Accountant to join our Accounting team. Our team consists of experienced, motivated, and self-sufficient high performers. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, attention to detail and be able to work in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Responsible for month-end financial reporting and accounting tasks, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and financial reports for the Lease, Prepaid, Deferred rent, and Deposits accounts.
- Analyze and account for new leases, lease amendments, renewals, and other lease modifications in accordance with GAAP and IFRS.
- Responsible for preparing lease schedules
- Lead the US accounting process for ASC 842 and IFRS 16
- Prepare variance analyses for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams like Real Estate, FP&A, and Tax
- Providing detail support to the outside auditors and other consultants
- Manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- 3 plus years of accounting experience (1 year of lease accounting required)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Strong time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Track record of working independently with limited required direction and guidance on simultaneous projects and teams
- Ability to respond to internal requests for support and assistance in a prompt and professional manner
- Ability to work in a confidential manner due to access to information of a sensitive nature
- Prior experience working in an internet/ecommerce company
- Prior experience working in NetSuite and Lease accelerator
- Prior experience with Google Apps and other cloud computing applications.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.