Accountant at Ascension
At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. We strongly support a work-life balance and you will benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, and training.
What You Will Do
As the Accountant, you will perform planning, coordination and administration of general accounting activities.
- Prepare and maintain journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, account analysis, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and strategic plans as required. May produce financial statements and budget-to-actual reports.
- Prepare audit and tax work papers for assigned areas.
- Prepare, analyze and maintain trend information.
- Analyze reports and financial statements to identify significant fluctuations in operating trends.
- Compile summary reports for management use.
- Administer performance improvement program, performance evaluations, competencies and department orientation completion.
- Maintain communication and coordination with other accounting team members to gather financial information used to prepare journal entries and maintain the general ledger.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Accountant preferred. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.