Accounting Manager (Technical) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are looking for a Technical Accounting Manager to join our growing Accounting team and help take it to the next level. This position will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks including analysis and documentation of complex accounting transactions, ensuring compliance with GAAP, and providing input to key stakeholders on the impact of significant transactions. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about Accounting, and hungry to both grow professionally and help transform our team to a world-class Accounting team.What You’ll Do:
- Analyze and document significant accounting transactions to ensure they are recorded and disclosed correctly and provide input to key stakeholders during the negotiating process to ensure Company objectives are met
- Perform due diligence procedures on potential acquisitions and lead the integration of these acquisitions including overall responsibility for purchase accounting
- Assess new and proposed accounting standards to determine the impact on BC and work with key stakeholders to understand and document the impact to our operations. Additionally, prepare and implement new accounting standards including assessing the impact on our business, key systems, forecasting and external reporting.
- Draft and maintain accounting policies and procedures in line with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Assist with preparing of SEC filings including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, proxies and other required SEC filings
- Proactively work with our Finance team to ensure proper budgeting and forecasting of significant transactions and the impact to guidance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred
- CPA and excellent understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Strong technical accounting, analytical research and documentation skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills