Accounting Specialist at AlertMedia
The Accounting Specialist will take ownership of several facets of AlertMedia’s financial accounting operations. The right candidate will be determined to achieve effective and seamless support of business operations, including timely and accurate customer billing, vendor invoice entry and payments, responding to internal and external business inquiries and collaborating with internal teams to meet company goals.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Build and leverage strong relationships with our customers and their administrative personnel
- Accurately create and ensure successful delivery of customer invoices
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in billing issues
- Provide quick and responsive ongoing administrative support to customers, employees, and vendors
- Manage a database of key customer contract terms and renewal dates
- Keep track of customer invoices and assist in managing the timely receipt of payments
- Analyze contract terms and answer related questions from both internal and external customers
- Contribute to accounting information system development and scaling financial operations
- Ensure accuracy of, enter and process payments for employees and vendors
- Work closely with Customer Success to identify up-selling opportunities
- Acquire industry knowledge related to general trends, accounting procedures and GAAP rulings
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values and vision for the future
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or a relevant field required
- 1+ years’ experience in an accounting or financial role
- Proven experience with invoicing and customer interactions
- Experience working within an accounting software system (Quickbooks and/or NetSuite experience a plus) and with Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with medium-sized to enterprise level customers
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with ability to prioritize
- Experience working with large volumes of customer transactions and interaction
- Strongly analytical, with creative problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to work closely with all employees of the company
- Must be independent, self-motivated and success-driven, yet willing to work within a team environment
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- The desire to learn and be coached
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Stock options – be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits – medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability 100% paid for employees
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 4 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.