Accounts Receivable Specialist, Bilingual at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated bi-lingual Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our growing global A/R team.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist reports to the Accounting Manager and will play an important role on the team as a key contributor in the Order-to-Cash function. In this position, he or she will oversee a growing portfolio of billed receivables in the Americas with a focus on Latin America, and be responsible for collecting monies owed to the company within a timely manner, while hitting targets established by the Corporate Controller.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish, both written and oral
- A driven individual who has refined communications skills and exceptional business acumen
- Able to work independently (and remotely, until offices are reopened) and have the drive to follow up and follow through with increasing volume
- A professional with previous customer-facing experience in accounts receivable and collections
- Willing to travel, as the position may require trips annually, within the U.S. and to Dublin, Ireland and Mexico City, Mexico.
- An AR professional with 1-2 years of relevant experience
Job Responsibilities Include
- Contact delinquent customers via telephone and email and maintain consistent follow up with these accounts
- Meet or exceed individual cash targets as assigned on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Request purchase orders from customers as necessary
- Obtain withholding tax certifications from customers as necessary to clear WHT from invoices
- Respond to invoice disputes by reading and understanding legal agreements and order forms related to the sale
- Work with customers to secure PO funding for travel and expense invoices
- Pull receipts for travel and expense invoices
- Utilize salesforce.com to obtain backup for invoices
- Escalate accounts to Sales Management and AR Manager as needed and recommend accounts for bad debt/revenue reserve
- Respond to general AR requests such as requests for invoice copies, W9, new customer vendor forms and other general customer inquiries
- Assist with documentation of policies and procedures related to assigned responsibilities
- Prepare credit memo request packets containing required backup and approvals for audit
- Analyze personal aging report and document daily collection activities into YayPay collections software
- Maintain AP contacts in Netsuite and YayPay
- Perform and complete ad hoc projects as needed
Software Experience: Netsuite, Salesforce.com, Excel. Collections software is a plus.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.