Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist at Homeward
About the Role
At Homeward, the Accounts Receivable and Payable Specialist plays a critical role in overseeing billing operations and processes in order to ensure collection and payment of account balances. This role will require the use of skills in project management, organization, and communications in the collection and reporting of revenues earned and the recoupment of transaction overpayments. As the AR/AP Specialist you will ensure the accuracy and efficiency of operations, process and monitor incoming and outgoing payments, and secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts and disbursements. This role reports to the Director of Finance.
- Maintaining bookkeeping records and spreadsheets
- Communicating with clients and customers to request and arrange payments
- Recording, updating, and tracking rental payments and delinquent accounts
- Preparing and executing batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions
- Continuous evaluation of current policies and recommendations for process improvements
- Assisting the Accounting Manager in the month end close process
- Basic qualifications: Associate’s degree in business or accounting and finance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Great organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with financial management software
- Property management and real estate experience desirable