“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
The Actuarial Analyst, Model Team will provide technical support to the Actuarial Services team with a primary focus on actuarial model building and maintenance. Models will be as specifically assigned.
- Under the leadership and guidance of the Lead or Senior Model Team Consultant, build, document and maintain one or more of the following actuarial models, as assigned: Medical expense and trend analysis and forecasting model; Medicare Advantage Bid (BPT) Development model; Medicare Advantage pricing model; provider risk contract evaluation model; Direct Contracting evaluation model; Direct Contracting Bid model; Medicaid rate evaluation model
- Provide support for other Government Programs and Provider Risk Actuarial teams during their peak periods
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field required
- Experience working with health care data and/or model building and maintenance
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries is preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Experience with forecasting, modeling, SQL and SAS
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following: medical expense and trend analysis and forecasting, Medicare Advantage program and bids, Direct Contracting programs and bids, healthcare provider risk contract arrangements, Medicaid programs and rate evaluation
- Understanding of company practices related to management of member populations for purposes of estimating risk
- Produce, understand, and interpret internal and external analysis and reports; provide effective technical and non-technical support to internal and external stakeholders
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology, and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized, and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities, we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.