ABOUT THE ROLE
The Vice President - Operations Finance is a critical part of the Bright Health Plan Finance leadership team and is responsible for driving operational effectiveness and efficiency throughout Bright Health Plan’s operations. This senior leader will partner with Clinical, Sales, Operations, Markets and Line of Business leadership to define key performance metrics, critical business processes and staffing models to ensure efficient and effective operating results. In addition, this role will understand and provide input on prioritization of technological enhancements that will promote greater efficiency and effectiveness and ensure business process and staffing models evolve as such enhancements are implemented. In addition to driving operating efficiency, this role will have responsibility for enabling communication of Bright Health Plan’s strategy and outcomes to key internal and external stakeholders, including the Board of Directors on a regular basis. While no direct communication is envisioned, this role will ensure that the Bright Health Plan CEO and CFO are supported in all outfacing communications.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and will have a proven track record of succeeding in fast-paced and complex health plan settings. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated ability to connect complex business processes across multiple functional areas and who sees both the “big picture” and understands the business levers that drive outcomes. The leader we seek leads with an accountable mindset and has the ability to influence others at all levels, regardless of your direct responsibility for the business process or outcomes. Critical to success is the ability to organize complex communications in succinct and effective verbal and written communications to promote alignment and clarity of goals amongst the broader organization.
- Build and lead operations finance team to support operational improvements throughout Bright Health Plan
- Lead operating assessments of critical business areas and drive to clear business processes, staffing models and key operating metrics that can be monitored and managed over time
- Oversee and support all internal development of messaging to communicate Bright Health Plan strategy and results to internal and external stakeholders, including Bright’s Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Build, develop, and mentor team
- Responsible for overall direction, supervision of the Operations Finance team
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing and resolving problems
- This position will initially oversee a staff of 5, including senior leaders and analyst level staff
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Fifteen (15) or more years Health Plan Finance experience required
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point required
- Previous health plan experience in the following areas: financial planning and analysis, with experience working with clinical operations, sales operations and claim/call operations
- Strong collaboration skills to work with internal teams to effectively understand issues and mitigate risks accordingly
- Experience and strong influential skills to manage cross-functional, virtual teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and identify regulatory and implementation risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize simultaneously
- Ability to perform critical analysis of complex business problems and propose appropriate solutions
- Ability to effectively engage and interact with and influence internal executive sponsors
- Advanced time management, project management, and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.