Billd is an exciting new FinTech company transforming the way commercial construction contractors do business. Billd is well-funded, has its product in the market, and has been recently featured in VentureBeat, Austin Business Journal, and Modern Contractor Solutions as one of the innovation leaders in this space.
We believe in attracting and hiring the best and brightest. We are looking for talented, motivated professionals to join our growing team. At Billd, you will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career.
Interested in what our teammates and customers have to say about Billd? Feel free to check out our 4.7-star Glassdoor rating and 4.8 Trust Pilot rating .
Billd provides material and finance options to our commercial construction contractor customers (thats a lot of c's) to purchase material or other expenses that allow them to grow. The Underwriting role is responsible for conducting account-level credit diligence for the customer when they sign up with Billd.
You are talented, analytical, and highly driven to deliver results. You are excited about the opportunity to have broad exposure to, and interactions within, a rapidly growing part of the fintech industry. You have a keen desire to build experience within a B2B lender that has an impressive growth trajectory. You are an all-star credit underwriter with excellent customer service and communication skills, who is equally comfortable working with internal Sales and Risk teams, and Billd's customers. The key responsibility for this role is to run the business underwriting process for new contractor customers.
Austin, TX in-office
- Own the contractor onboarding process including diligence, company underwriting, and credit limit determination
- Complete diligence process on contractor account diligence on a daily basis, working five to ten accounts per day
- Summarize underwriting methodology, key risk factors, and decisioning reasoning on contractor accounts on a daily basis
- Monitor contractor business portfolio for re-diligence and additional risk
- Complete business underwriting including: credit report evaluation, ratio calculations, bank statement review, background checks and independent business research
- Evaluate and process applicant documents to identify discrepancies and protect Billd from potentially fraudulent activity
- Maintain subject matter expertise pertaining to current market underwriting guidelines relating to each state, lien laws, as well as internal company guidelines
- Mentor risk and sales associates on deal processing and underwriting
- Collaborate with internal sales team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years in commercial underwriting roles
- Knowledge in the commercial construction experience preferred but not required
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable SRM and ERP systems
- Experience with a wide variety of diligence tools such as Experian Business Credit, D&B, Cortera, LexisNexis, and Inscribe
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of finance, credit, and lending
Billd is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description