Cash Applications Specialist
The Cash Applications Specialist is responsible for cash application activities. This position is a critical and integrated member of Arrive's growing Accounting team. The successful candidate will have previous related accounting experience and the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, highly transaction processing environment. The position requires an individual who is ambitious, self-directed, and capable of working autonomously and with the broader leadership team to achieve the business and financial goals of the company.
In this role, you will:
- Process daily receipts ensuring prompt and accurate recording of payments to customer accounts.
- Monitor daily e-mail inbox and address inquiries timely and accurately.
- Reconcile daily cash receipts against appropriate GL.
- Research and address unapplied and unallocated receipts.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies to ensure that the AR balances are accurately reported on a monthly basis.
- Effectively communicate with customers, internal and external business partners at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ensure that best practices and banking technology are fully leveraged to ensure that best in class cash management functions are utilized.
- Contribute to business process re-engineering to increase efficiencies, reduce unapplied cash, and increase accuracy of posting.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Able to work well in a high volume, fast-paced environment, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Able to prioritize tasks and take ownership of assignments and related key deliverables.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with strong problem solving skills.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills; able to perform v-lookups and create pivot tables.
- Demonstrates and models company values with internal and external customers.
- Works successfully as a team member.
Education and/or Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have 1+ years of cash application experience or relevant corporate experience, preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary + incentive opportunities!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!
Read Full Job Description