Director of Finance - Global Role
Your challenge, should you choose to accept:
We’re looking for someone who wants to change the way an entire industry works.
Adia is the platform where shift work happens. In less than 3 years we have been able to scale in 3 countries across 2 continents, enabling the marketplace for shift-based work.
Your mission as Director of Finance is to help Adia continue scaling by owning financial planning, KPI measurement, variance analysis, and reporting.
- Drive annual and long-range budget and financial planning
- Own the financial and headcount models, which includes ongoing maintenance, review, and evolution as the business evolves
- Own the weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecast and related variance analysis
- Co-own (with the CEO) the weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational KPIs, propose action items on findings, and work closely with business owners to track those actions to completion
- Lead monthly headcount planning with recruiting and senior leadership
- Present quarterly (at least) to senior management in Europe (travel required)
- Prepare weekly and monthly management reports and analyses
- Direct and review the preparation and submission of commission calculations for payroll, working cross-functionally with analytics and payroll
- Lead the monthly close process, including review of financials and variances, and provide feedback
- Oversee ad hoc projects and business analysis as needed
- Develop and implement FP&A best practices, procedures, and processes
What you bring to the table:
- You are located in the Austin, TX area
- 4+ years of relevant finance experience (FP&A, investment banking, private equity, or management consulting); experience at a technology or other high-growth company a plus
- BS Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Strong analytical skills – you enjoy dissecting and approaching problems from different perspectives to suggest and implement solutions
- Deep understanding of GAAP and overall accounting principles, FP&A, budgeting & forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting
- Highly skilled in building financial models and forecasts
- Experience with KPI reporting – identifying metrics and developing dashboards
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally, ideally in a multinational environment
- You are always several steps ahead – you anticipate what’s needed or expected next
- You are a self-starter with a deep sense of ownership
- Superior attention to detail (critical for this role)
- You are data-driven and prefer to base decisions on data and ROI
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong work ethic and can self-manage against deadlines
- Sense of curiosity – you’re always seeking more information about every challenge you face
- You can seamlessly transition between presenting to C-suite executives and relating to colleagues in a casual startup environment
We believe that the recruitment experience can be better – that technology can be leveraged to eliminate inefficiencies in the world of work. Adia helps jobseekers find flexible work opportunities in the retail, logistics, and hospitality industries easily while giving businesses access to great talent whenever they need – removing the complexity of hiring, paperwork, and payroll.
You may be expected to work irregular yet fun hours in Austin. In return for everything you’ll contribute to our company’s growth, we can offer the following:
- fast growth, vibrant culture with a high degree of autonomy
- travel to Adia's international offices to get to know the market first-hand
- huge variety of challenges to sink your teeth into
- awesome team (we may be biased…)
- non-stop action
We have an incredible future ahead of us, but it relies on people putting a lot in to get a lot out. We expect people to throw themselves into anything and everything that is asked of them.
Adia is a fast-growing, hard-working, curious organization that strives for improvement every day. We are open and honest, using our big brains to build a great product and not overgrown egos. We’re an early player in the HRtech space and that brings feelings of excitement and purpose to our work. If you’re looking for a place that will help you uncover your best working self and give you hands-on experience in way more than your job title alludes to, we may be the right team for you. We push ourselves and pull each other to be better than we were yesterday.
Think you've got what it takes? Apply now.