Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting
The Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Director leads our SEC reporting processes. In addition, this role will serve as a strategic advisor on all technical accounting matters, including M&A diligence and integration. This role will lead projects to support the growth of SailPoint and provide analysis and review of various internal and external reports, giving advice to management on U.S. GAAP and SEC filings. This role is responsible for investing in building a strong team to bring out people’s best, while having fun along the way.
- Oversee the technical accounting function including all significant transactions (excluding revenue), identifying, analyzing and applying technical guidance, drafting policies/memos, and providing training to internal finance and accounting groups.
- Lead the financial reporting function including external reporting of all 10-Q's, 10-K's, proxy statements, earnings releases and other forms of SEC financial reports; as well as internal/management reporting as required.
- Oversee the preparation and review of all financial statement disclosures, such as cash flow statements, earnings per share, fluctuation analysis of financial statements.
- Be responsible for lease accounting and stock-compensation expense related calculations, forecasts and journal entries.
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor to various stakeholders within Accounting and across the company including Investor Relations, Legal, FP&A, and Tax.
- Assess and document the accounting impact and required disclosures for significant events and transactions, including significant contracts, acquisitions, debt and equity offerings and other matters.
- Monitor, adopt and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company, and proactively partner with business stakeholders as necessary to analyze the impact on the operational and/or financial aspects of the company.
- Be a proactive liaison with external auditors to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters and support finance teams to ensure proper accounting and disclosure along with documentation of accounting memos as appropriate.
- Ensure policies are prepared and maintained in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for the preparation of Audit Committee and Disclosure Committee meeting materials
- Provide guidance to operational finance teams to ensure significant transactions are properly accounted for and disclosed.
- Maintain effective and SOX compliant internal controls in relation to the processes managed.
- Ensure consistent compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Lead and develop a high-performing team, investing in others to help them grow, creating a positive working environment, and collaborating cross-functionally.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- B.S. or above degree in Accounting, CPA required.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and SEC Regulations required
- 8-12 years of professional experience with a big 4 public accounting firm and progressive experience in a private and/or public company.
- Exceptional technical accounting proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a senior management role managing several direct reports.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask without sacrificing accuracy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.