Director of FP&A (Strategic Finance) at Homeward (Remote)
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
We're seeking a Director of FP&A (Strategic Finance) to drive the financial underpinnings of our corporate planning and budgeting process through financial/data analysis, revenue/cost/debt forecasting strengthened by and delivered through cross functional collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders including Growth, Sales & Marketing, Digital Product, Operations. This role will work closely with the CEO and Director of Strategic Planning to align planning and budgeting with business strategy on ongoing basis
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will
- Engage with business leaders and translate the Company’s strategic plan into downstream impacts through financial forecasting and budgeting
- Own and uplevel the near term and long term financial forecasts which consists of the company’s most leading indicators and their translation into revenue or cost drivers
- Develop predictability of outcomes as core competency
- Independently or through your team conduct data analysis to support special projects, OKRs and run the business processes
- Partner with other business verticals and deliver decision support in order to foster bi-directional feedback and alignment with broader financial strategy
- Develop financial models, analyses, and presentations that will be used in Company’s processes for raising debt and equity
- Define and implement the variance analysis cadence for the monthly/quarterly performance to plan cycles across critical company KPIs and financials
- Work with Chief People Officer and department leaders to develop and resource the departmental headcount planning and budgeting process for fixed and variable headcount that will roll up into the broader financial strategy
- Recruit and grow a high performing FP&A team
- Drive the selection and implementation of a planning and budgeting tool
What you'll bring
- 7+ years of proven, results based, experience in Corporate FP&A planning and budgeting or similar experience in Consulting/Investment Banking/Venture Capital
- Fast learner and flexible operator, ability to keep up the ever changing nature of the business
- High EQ, able to partner with every functional leader in the organization
- High integrity individual who is principled who values transparency and accountability
- A “can do” attitude with bias towards action
- Strong quantitative/finance background
Nice to haves:
- Significant Fintech or Real Estate Tech experience
- Capital Markets or experience in a high growth startup finance team
- Tech-enabled service organization experience
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.