Director of Revenue Accounting at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What you'll do
We are expanding our Finance team, and this is the perfect opportunity to join a high-growth company, with a chance to act as a change-agent and architect the Director, Revenue Accounting function for a significantly scaling business. In this role, you'll put your thumbprint on the role and department to help LM build out processes and prepare for a potential future IPO opportunity. This role is designed as a long-term leadership role to further the development of a best-in-class Revenue Accounting team. In this position, the Director of Revenue Accounting, reporting into the CFO, will drive the Finance team mission: ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting; complying with domestic and international reporting requirements, being highly influential across all aspects of the functional areas and business activities to drive high growth; and diffusing a shareholder perspective throughout the organization.
Here's a closer look
- Review revenue contracts for application of appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and the Company's revenue recognition policy.
- Responsible for month-end close activities, including preparing monthly revenue recognition and commission amortization journal entries, monthly revenue analytics, accounts receivable, and deferred revenue account reconciliations.
- Play a key role in the implementation of ASC 606, including establishing accounting policies and development of internal controls and processes.
- Oversee billing and collections processes, working closely with customers and cross-functional teams to resolve issues and implement system improvements to address key risk points.
- Manage the sales tax reporting process, ensuring accurate and timely filling with the relevant taxing authority
- Partner with FP&A to develop and provide ongoing analysis of revenue, billing, and collections forecasts.
- Serve as the finance organization's subject matter expert on revenue accounting and collaborate cross-functionally with legal, sales, sales operations and professional services relative to contract negotiations to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy or process issues around revenue recognition.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement and partner with other departments to streamline processes related to revenue and cost recognition to create best practices across the organization.
What you'll need
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role in Finance and Accounting, mix of public and private experience preferred
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, including software and SaaS revenue recognition
- Very proficient in the use of accounting platforms (e.g., Zuora, NetSuite, etc.) and Microsoft Office tools (i.e., Excel power user)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, collaborative and committed to the success of LogicMonitor.
- Sharp attention to detail and accuracy, and a dedicated work-ethic
- Excellent people management skills, demonstrate a genuine interest in nurturing and developing the team members
- Curious and avid learner, continuously evolving your understanding of LM, financial best-practices, accounting and SaaS market trends
- Strong critical thinking skills, innovative spirit, and creativity to identify / solve problems
- Confident, passionate, positive and focused on a strong and rapid career growth
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.