Financial Analyst at Ascension
At Ascension, we respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
What You Will Do
As the Financial Analyst, you will perform analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information.
- Perform statistical, cost and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal sources.
- Prepare reports based on findings, including health care costs, provider contracts, debt capacity, revenue and profitability.
- Assist with trending financial reviews of many business units
- Serve as consultant to all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Perform special projects and duties as assigned, including research, forecasting and exploring viable alternatives.
- Assist with all accounting, financial reporting, portfolio reporting and valuation activities.
- Review financial statements for compliance with GAAP and other internal policies.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Accountant preferred. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.