We strive to be a world-class finance team with a great culture and have the same high standards with our work, systems, practices, and people. You will work very closely with our Accounting team, Strategic Finance team, Legal, People Operations and Executive team.About the role
Miro is looking for a passionate Head of Global Tax to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for someone who can thrive on deadlines, apply tax expertise to a wide variety of transactions and make significant contributions towards Miro’s strategic objectives. You are a continuous learner with a growth mindset. You thrive in a highly uncertain environment where decisions need to be made and executed upon super fast. You can translate your technical skills and understanding of the context around you into clear and pragmatic guidance for the organization.What you’ll do
- Own global tax compliance and formalize the company’s tax positions, procedures, calculations, and payments via thoroughly supported documentation
- Review ASC 740 tax provision requirements including calculation of effective tax rates, deferred tax items, journal entries and related account reconciliations
- Oversee domestic and international indirect tax compliance for Miro’s hyper-growth and expansion plans
- Provide guidance to Miro’s Sales team regarding tax consequence of deals in various jurisdictions
- Implement and manage Miro’s global transfer pricing policies
- Lead the development, feasibility modeling, and implementation of Miro’s global tax strategy
- Advise the executive team on transactions (M&A) and new geo strategy
- Serve as the point of contact for all tax-related inquiries and analysis
- 8+ years at Big4 or a combination of Big4 and industry experience
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Collaborative and enthusiastic, whilst maintaining a high level of integrity and honesty
- Experience with Avalara and Netsuite a big plus
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Check out our career page for all our open roles or hop onto this Miro board to learn more about us!