Head of Infrastructure Finance at Cloudflare (Austin, TX)
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
The Infrastructure Finance team works closely with our SVP of Infrastructure to build and finance Cloudflare’s network operations. We have a deep understanding of all aspects of Cloudflare’s business and play an important role in aligning goals, setting targets as well as bringing visibility and predictability to our financials. Members of the Infrastructure Finance team possess excellent analytical, critical reasoning, interpersonal, communication, influencing and leadership skills and are passionate about both problem-solving as well as building high-quality repeatable processes that scale with our rapid growth. Our role extends beyond analyzing and reporting; we take pride in helping to design and implement solutions to the different challenges that can arise in our high-growth environment.What you'll do
- Serve as Finance business partner to our SVP Infrastructure. Provide thought leadership and financial support to effectively and efficiently finance our product strategy and network operations
- Work with key stakeholders to set financial and operational goals. Define and standardize reporting, success metrics and KPIs to support decision making and drive operational rigor
- Support the annual budget, quarterly forecast and long-term strategic planning processes for the Product and Infrastructure teams
- Build and own detailed financial models that forecast and analyze expenses in order to understand variances and opportunities to improve forecast accuracy. Work cross functionally to ensure alignment of spend and resource deployment.
- Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams, establishing trust, and gaining a deep understanding of relevant business drivers
- Become a subject matter expert, and lead reporting on areas of key operational and financial importance
- Partner with the Controllership Organization to ensure a timely and accurate monthly close process
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology to solve business problems, partnering with internal technical teams
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 12+ years of progressive experience in finance with prior experience in strategic finance business partnering, especially with technical teams. High growth, public company experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in building and leading high performance finance teams with proven ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes
- Finance minded with strong operational focus to drive process and execution in a scalable and repeatable way. Experience building trust and aligning cross-functional stakeholders.
- Intellectually curious with problem solving orientation. Strong analytical capabilities and business acumen with ability to apply rigorous logic and sound methods to solve multi-faceted problems. Not satisfied with easy or convenient answers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in simplifying and distilling complex business information into consumable and actionable takeaways
- Willingness to play “up and down the stack” diving into the details as well as managing Executive level communications
- Expert at financial modeling with strong working knowledge of GAAP. Ability to effectively translate analysis into actionable insights, strategies, and financial plans. Advanced skills in both MS Excel and Google Sheets required
- High proficiency with financial systems. Anaplan, Netsuite, RevPro, Salesforce, Tableau and BigQuery experience is a plus
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or quantitative field; MBA or Masters preferred
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.