Internal Controls Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy internal controls professional to join our team at our Austin, Texas headquarters. This newly created position will be responsible for implementing and maintaining our internal controls management system and establishing the internal controls necessary to support the business initiatives. This role will work closely with members of the accounting team, finance team, business managers, and control owners, and will also make presentations to senior management.What You’ll Do:
Responsible for overall development of internal control structure, including written policies, procedures, and controls that will support a SOX compliant environment:
- Lead effort and manage 3rd party professional services firm staff to implement SOX-compliant level of controls, including documentation of key process, key controls, risks, and remediations
- Implement and manage SOX internal controls management system
- Work with business control owners to insure proper control operation and testing
- Manage internal controls self-testing execution and reporting
- Present controls testing findings to senior management
- Develop annual plan for internal control testing and remediation.
- Work with independent auditors to provide audit support regarding control effectiveness.
- Perform parodic assessment of enterprise level risk and financial reporting risk.
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting within an audit capacity
- 7+ years of experience as an auditor or internal controls professional
- Previous experience establishing corporate governance, policies and procedures
- Understanding of SOX regulations and requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- CPA and/or CIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance, or information systems required
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.