At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
- Manage international tax matters
- Manage global tax planning strategy initiatives and tax compliance surrounding global expansion
- Draft Transfer Pricing policies, review inter-company calculations, and manage global transfer pricing reports with outside consultants
- Support US international tax compliance including US international tax forms, E&P, Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, FTC, BEAT calculations, etc
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual GST/VAT and international tax return filings
- Perform international tax technical research including analysis and interpretation of relevant tax laws, regulations, cases and agency guidance, and update relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage international compliance calendar and review international tax filings
- Evaluate and establish ASC740-10 and ASC 450 tax reserves, manage international audits, and draft memorandums
- Support international tax process documentation and SOX controls
- Review international tax provision under ASC 740 and related financial statement disclosures
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of public accounting and/or industry accounting experience including indirect tax, income tax accounting and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or finance related field
- Excellent international tax operations knowledge and familiarity of tax issues for a multinational company operating globally
- Experience with ASC 740
- Excellent project management and strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills and advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrates hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience
- An attention to detail, excellent planning and organization
- The ability to efficiently prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Problem solving skills, and are an independent thinker and self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Masters in Tax or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Both public accounting and technology industry experience
- Experience with Netsuite, Avalara, and/or Blackline
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.