Investor Relations Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are seeking an Investor Relations manager to partner with the Head of Investor Relations to build a top-performing IR function as a new, fast-growing public company. This role will be responsible for crafting an IR strategy that builds long-term relationships with both the buy side and sell side community, while building a proactive strategy to grow and strengthen our investor base over time. The ideal candidate will be local to the Austin metroplex area.What You’ll Do:
- Perform a range of analyses, to include industrial analysis, competitive analysis, and comparative valuation to interpret data related to the company that could affect shareholders
- Perform competitive and cross-divisional analysis of industry peers and monitor other public disclosures made by other ecommerce organizations
- Carry out financial valuation and create financial models to form a view on the company’s share price with the intent to create a story from the numbers given, and turn data into information that can be populated in the corporate investor relations presentation
- Implement, co-develop, and update the organization's corporate messaging to investors across different formats (making presentations, press releases, employee meetings, etc.), including helping draft the quarterly earnings script for the CEO and CFO
- Monitor & determine the organization's position in the market, and provide senior leadership with a proactive assessment and other relevant feedback and guidance needed on how to increase the interactions with the investment community
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly meetings with investors, either in person or via phone to address any relevant questions or concerns
- Maintain and update the relevant database of trading multiples, consensus estimates, stock price performance, etc., and handle ad hoc research projects
- Monitor the earnings call, and develop and prepare press releases of quarterly earnings
- Assist in designing Q&A's for the investor community, communicate key internal developments that have occurred in the organization, and provide valuable information regarding the company's strategies, its operations, and overall financial performance
- Identify and tap new potential investors
- Update the senior leadership on the priorities and concerns of shareholders, and represent the voice of the investors
- Plan the Annual Shareholder Meeting and meeting documents, such as the Annual report and Proxy Statement, in accordance with SEC regulations and in partnership with Finance and Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in investor relations in a high-tech, SaaS, or eCommerce organization
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, or related field
- Knowledgeable in investor relations; including common valuation methodologies, financial accounting, principles, etc.
- Experience in investor relations, public relations, financial investment, accounting, legal, etc. with a publicly-traded company
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills are essential
- Able to develop and maintain a sense of credibility within the investor community and the organization's management team
- Able to explain complex topics in a clear, simple, and concise manner.
- Strong familiarity with SEC requirements around financial reporting and communications
- Exceptional attention to detail combined with strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and strong follow up skills