Manager, Accounts Payable at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring an Accounts Payable Manager. As a key leader in the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process, you will be the main point of contact for ensuring the successful delivery of our accounts payable activity. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of accounts payable professionals; developing, managing and improving the accounts payable function; and supporting all elements of Workrise’s expenditures. You will be expected to problem solve, exercise good business judgment, and provide leadership, development, and coaching for the AP Team.
Our Accounting team at Workrise is part of the overall Finance & Accounting group. We are a bunch of hard-working, curious, attentive, no-ego, number-crunchers, owning the responsibility of processing payables, ensuring financial accuracy and completeness, revenue close, financial statement preparation, all the way to budgets, forecasts, board decks etc. We are building the foundation of a world class Finance and Accounting organization as our business continues to scale and grow. Are you ready to help us empower the people who get hard work done?What you’ll be doing:
- Effectively lead the accounts payable function and demonstrate a strong partnership with Finance, Accounting, IT, business users, outsourced service providers, and vendors
- Develop and Monitor key operational metrics that measure/assess accounts payable performance and drive continuous improvement
- Consistently monitor accounts payable performance including: PO and non-PO invoice processing, holds, payment cycles, 1099 reporting, records management, GL entries, month-end and year-end closing of the AP modules, and account reconciliation, performance of root cause analysis, and issue resolution related to system/personnel performance issues
- Communicate & collaborate effectively with key internal, external & cross functional stakeholders through transparency and partnership
- Responsible for leadership and development of the AP teams, including goal-setting and performance reviews
- Manage day-to-day AP Operations including operational oversight, innovation & process improvement, controls & compliance oversight
- Responsible for monthly statement reconciliation for several vendors to ensure all rebates, credits, discounts are properly recorded in AP subledgers
- Ensures the Accounts Payable system is properly safeguarded and maintains the highest level of integrity across all master records (i.e., vendor accounts, invoices, credit memos, etc.)
- Maintain a consistent weekly payment schedule to help facilitate the company cash flow forecast
- Develop and help implement best practices for all functions and processes related to AP
- Own support and maintenance of the employee expense reporting application and policy
- Manage the 1099 process, ensuring 1099 designations are correct; accurate annual 1099 reporting to IRS and recipients.
- 8+ years of procure-to-pay experience including management/supervisory experience
- Accounts Payable Certification
- Experience with SOX control environments
- Experience with Coupa and NetSuite is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!