Manager, FP&A at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2019 is looking for a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to join a team responsible for planning, forecasting, spend pool management, and budgeting for the company. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-energy finance leader with demonstrated experience building out agile spending control structures, driving cost savings, and optimizing revenue share agreements. The role is located in our Austin, Texas headquarters. This person will be an integral leader within the Finance organization, reporting directly to the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis in Austin.
Success depends on your demonstrated ability to influence at levels above and below your own, leveraging your engaged and high performing team as well as other cross functional partners. The analytical, complex modeling, reporting and business planning expertise you have gained over the last 5+ years of your career will enable you to provide insightful conclusions and accurate decisions as you drive cost savings that will fuel the growth of the company.
Your ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing will be critical as you provide regular, timely and accurate financial reporting with appropriate context to leadership. You will have demonstrated the ability to work successfully and with speed in a cross functional and international environment, managing day to day details and analytics of your team and then synthesizing them into a concise executive message for leadership. You have a very strong aptitude for learning, can quickly grasp complex concepts and data and summarize for relevant key messages, and are comfortable driving change and managing within a high-growth business.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the build-out of a best in class cost savings and partner revenue share program, including scoping the opportunity for early wins, building policies to drive change, implementing contract management tools, and building a roadmap for long-term spending discipline and controls
- Lead the negotiation of key strategic sourcing engagements to improve measurable financial results. Efficiently conduct supplier negotiations via process driven methodologies (RFI, RFP, RFQ)
- Design and direct the preparation of meaningful financial analyses of both internal and external data which aid senior management decisions and support a range of operation and financial activities, including: department reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, internal reporting, discounted cash flow analysis, and Board of Directors presentations
- Partner with business and budget owners to serve as a critical team member supporting strategic programs, negotiations, contract management, and other priorities.
- Quantify and calculate financial benefits of negotiations, cost savings opportunities, and program deployments suitable for VP Finance approval
- Work closely with the Accounting organization in support of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in financial planning and analysis. Experience with working in a complex enterprise with multi-million dollar spend pools and stringent internal controls requirements preferred.
- Experience measuring subscription/SaaS business models and related metrics strongly preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or applicable experience. MBA preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, including superior financial modeling, Excel, and database skills are assumed; ability to build integrated (three financial statements) models is also assumed.
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
- Experience with Excel, ERP systems, business planning / business intelligence systems, and CRM systems (Salesforce a plus).
- Excellent verbal/written communication, influencing, and interpersonal relationship skills
- Commitment to excellence and impeccable ethical standards and integrity.
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable independently solving problems despite ambiguity
- A thoughtful leader who earns trust and builds strong working relationships across departments
- Excellent time-management skills
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.