Payroll Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!What you'll do
Cloudflare is seeking a Global Payroll Manager to join our Finance team. You are a proven professional who embraces the great responsibility of owning and providing strategic direction for all things payroll processes and operations related. To succeed in this role, you will need excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with internal team members in addition to handling external service providers. You will own all aspects of Cloudflare’s payroll processes for our global employees. The International Payroll Manager will report to the Controller.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Manage all payroll operations related to employee compensation, bonuses, commissions, equity transaction, benefits, etc.; this includes processing payroll for exempt and non-exempt workers, researching discrepancies and identifying and resolving payroll-related issues
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation/review of period-end accruals and monthly journal entries for all payroll and benefits and preparation of reconciliations of payroll accounts
- Ownership of payroll procedures including analysis, design & implementation of changes to ensure continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency, while operating within compliance with company policies
- Partner with HR to keep all payroll records accurate and up to date
- Act as primary communicator with payroll software vendor to maintain the payroll system, assist in resolving problems, and implement changes when necessary
- Provide formal and ad-hoc analysis of payroll, benefits, and headcount
- Oversee the delivery of out of cycle/ad hoc payments to employees and production and issuance of manual checks or electronic transfers to bank accounts
- Support annual financial statement, defined benefit plan, and other audits as required
- Manage annual preparation and delivery of Form W-2s and 1099’s
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State, and local payroll tax laws.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or equivalent combination of education
- 5-7 years of global payroll experience with 3 years of proven leadership responsibility
- Highly analytical with a strong working knowledge of payroll and tax processes with multiple withholdings, benefits (health and welfare and retirement), garnishments, labor compliance, accounting principles related to payroll, and Federal, State and local regulations
- Demonstrated expertise supporting best practice payroll processes, systems, policies, and key internal controls
- Expertise with Workday
- Familiarity with NetSuite a plus.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.