Payroll & Reward Advisor at MVF
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
The People Team are a united team of culture champions driven to accelerate MVF’s growth. We’re committed to inspiring and enabling our people in an environment where their voices are heard and they are proud to work. The People Team comprises of People Experience, Talent, Talent Brand, Learning & Development and Office Management.
The People Team comprises of People Experience, Talent, Talent Brand, Learning & Development and Office Management.
The People Experience (PX) team are a group of multidisciplinary experts responsible for shaping the employee experience of our MVFers. We have expertise in:
- Business Partnering
- Health and Wellbeing
- Reward and Benefits
- People data & Analytics
- Operations and Compliance
People Experience is at the heart of everything we do. The Payroll and Reward Advisor role works in conjunction with and supports the People team in creating a world class experience at key stages of the employee lifecycle through outstanding customer service, organisation, initiative and attention to detail.
The main responsibility is to make sure all MVFers are paid correctly on time and have access & information relating to their benefits.
This role is the go-to person for all MVFer pay and benefits related queries.
You will be the guru when it comes to data reporting and analysis of Reward data, as well as play a major role in shaping the salary ranges at MVF
The role reports to the Reward Partner.
Whilst day-to-day and week-to-week priorities will vary due to payroll, it is anticipated that the overall split of the role will be approximately:
- 75% Payroll and Benefits
- 25% Reward
Payroll & Benefits
For this element of the role, you will independently process all of MVF’s global payrolls (UK, NL, DE and any other global payrolls), ensuring each payroll operates efficiently and accurately every month.
- Respond to all payroll queries and deal with requests for payroll data from employees, finance, auditors or other stakeholders
- Lead calculating sales commissions and bonuses at the start of every month, including:
- Download sales revenue data from company systems in to an Excel template to calculate commissions
- Work with Sales Managers across commercial to verify and confirm accuracy of data
- Escalate discrepancies to Rem Com as and when required
- Maintain a monthly upload of actual bonus or commission payments in to our HRIS in order to ensure employees bonus history are reportable
- Submit static and variable payroll data to the payroll bureau every month, including checking automated Cascade reports & plugging any gaps in data including starters, leavers, salary changes, personal changes, etc
- Undertaking preliminary payroll checks and liaising with our payroll bureau to ensure that any issues are remedied
- Using existing templates, transmute payroll data in to monthly suite of reports as required by Finance
- Identify and lead improvements in making processes more efficient
- Manage monthly administration of benefit schemes including childcare vouchers, ride to work, Give as you Earn, Season Ticket Loans, including:
- Manage joiners, leavers and changes for benefits
- Ensure all changes are correctly captured on monthly payroll
- Run the monthly Start Smart benefits session to provide new starters with information around Pension and other benefits
- Manage the salary sacrifice sign-up process for the Company’s pension scheme
- Lead monthly payroll sign-off process with the Reward Partner, Finance Director & Head Of People
- Collaborate with MVF’s People Partners and contribute to our team effort in ensuring payroll changes are processed on time each month.
- Produce and provide both regular and ad hoc data analysis related to employees or Payroll, including for monitoring purposes, as well as when required for award entries, or by finance, auditors, etc
- Produce regular and ad hoc queries and reports for internal client
- Support the Reward Partner in conducting low complexity salary benchmarking and job evaluation using MVF’s approved methodology to create/update salary ranges
- In partnership with the Reward Partner, act as custodian of all confidential Reward data (including but not limited to job levelling data, salary ranges, commission scheme details etc…). Ensure changes are tracked and auditable and that the data is kept up-to-date, reportable and accurate.
- Support the Reward Partner on ad hoc projects.
What Success Looks Like
- Monthly payroll deadlines are achieved and payroll is error free
- Regular and accurate reporting to allow better decision making
- Go to person for day to day people queries relating Payroll
- Processes are continuously improved and efficiencies are created through automation and smart design
- Feedback from the business shows that you are responsive and helpful
Our Ideal MVFer
- Will have experience of independently managing a UK payroll. It is desirable to have experience of managing global payroll (US, NL, DE) experience
- Advanced experience of using Excel / GoogleSheets
- Strong analytical ability
- Good general knowledge of UK employment law
- A real passion and drive for MVF, putting the business' best interests first
- Commercially focussed, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Focuses on delivering the future vision as well as delivering operational activity.
- Stakeholder management skills and able to juggle multiple demands and priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, getting things right first time
- Highly organised and a great communicator.
- Self-Starter and motivator, ability to solve problems and think creatively.
- A passion for collating and using data to drive progress, plan new approaches and support decisions.
- A team player who works for the success of the wider People Team and MVF.