Personal Finance Editor, CNET at Red Ventures (Remote)
The Personal Finance Editor will play a pivotal role in CNET's ongoing mission to be the best destination for personal finance advice and news. Versatility will be key, and the Editor will shepherd a wide variety of content -- from hard news and longer-form features to best lists and buying advice -- through the editorial process from ideation to publication.
In addition, this Editor will be responsible for keeping CNET's growing collection of personal finance content up-to-date, accurate and highly visible. This will mean orchestrating a highly collaborative process involving writers, SEO analysts and an internal compliance team. A significant part of this role will include coordinating and editing the work of a growing team of staff and freelance writers.
CNET is among the most highly-trafficked and trusted names online -- and the personal finance team’s mission is to give readers honest, independent and trustworthy advice on a range of topics from banking to insurance to buying a home.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure that CNET personal finance content is high-quality, accurate and objective
- Orchestrate the process of keeping existing personal finance content visible and up-to-date; this will include managing a schedule, cadence and process for integrating input from a variety of stakeholders
- Ideate, assign and coordinate content updates across multiple financial topics (and sometimes write them yourself)
- Edit multiple assignments simultaneously
What We're Looking For:
- Topnotch writing and editing skills with an eye for detail and nuance
- At least 3 years of experience editing consumer-focused content for an online publication, ideally one focused on financial services
- Orientation to approach financial products and services with a critical eye and an understanding of the business models underlying them
- Commitment to helping readers understand financial products and services -- and identify is best for their particular needs
- Capacity for working independently and with minimal direction
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Experience with spreadsheets and Asana is a plus
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]