Revenue Accountant at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
This role is designed to serve as a member of the growing Revenue Accounting team, overseeing customer billings, collections and ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting. This position will have the opportunity to make a company wide impact by working cross-functionally to automate our collection process and provide insight into the health of our customers while ensuring we meet our cash flow targets.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Manage customer collections and help guide Associate on proper communication to customers, work with FP&A to forecast monthly and quarterly collections and send updates on a weekly basis highlighting key accounts and overall health of AR balance
- Refine the collection automation process and work with cross-functional teams to ensure customers and AM/CSMs are properly notified when customers have an overdue balance and enforce suspension and churn policy as needed
- Review customer contracts for application of appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and the Company's revenue recognition policy and ensure customer billing is properly configured in Zuora
- Oversee billing process ensuring all contracts are posted and reviewed by day 1 of close, customer usage is reviewed for accuracy and billing is sent to customers by the 2nd day of close
- Responsible for month-end close activities including review of all balance sheet reconciliations (accounts receivable, deferred revenue, credit balance adjustment, sales tax payable, etc) and preparation of monthly revenue, bad debt expense and BvA analysis
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement and partner with other departments to streamline processes related to AR and revenue recognition to create best practices across the organization
- Assist with audit requests and other ad hoc projects
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration
- 2-4 years of accounting or related finance experience
- Experience with Zuora, Zendesk, SFDC, Looker or similar finance operations applications preferred
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines and handle unexpected, time-sensitive requests; take ownership in a fast-growing business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, collaborative and committed to the success of LogicMonitor; ability to answer inquiries from customers and employees across all departments
- Sharp attention to detail and accuracy, and a dedicated work-ethic
- Curious and avid learner, continuously evolving your understanding of LM, financial best-practices, and SaaS market trends
- Strong critical thinking skills, innovative spirit, and creativity to identify / solve problems and a strong desire to be an impact player at a disruptive technology company. When you encounter an issue, you don’t just solve the problem, you assist in the development of new processes / scalable solutions to prevent the issue in the future
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.