Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and is enthusiastic about solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position will be a hybrid role. Due to this being a hybrid role, it is preferred the intern is located in Austin, Tx or surrounding areas.
As a Revenue Accounting Intern, you will gain insight and exposure to the day-to-day activities and functions of a revenue accountant in a fast-paced, publicly traded company environment. You will learn about software revenue recognition practices, subscription management practices, SaaS billing/contracting models, month-end and quarter-end close processes and other functions performed by a revenue accountant.
Responsibilities may include:
- Review and evaluation of customer contracts for bookings/billing and revenue recognition purposes
- Set up of customer subscriptions for billing and revenue recognition management
- Generation & validation of customer invoices in a high-volume billing environment
- Validation of revenue recognition & application of GAAP accounting rules to specific transactions
- Resolution of customer billing issues and inquiries including communication directly with customers regarding billing and collection issues
- Gathering of customer usage data from vendors including analysis and input of usage for billing
- Preparation of reconciliations, journal entries and other month-end close activities
- Performance of trend analysis and other analytic techniques to identify trends and anomalies in product and customer revenue
- Assistance with development of new processes and process improvements
- Assistance with audit queries (both internal and external auditors)
Class: Prefer Junior or Senior
Graduation Date: May 2023 (rising senior) May 2024 (rising junior)
- In pursuit of a degree in Accounting or Finance with two years of college completed
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, importing/exporting of large data sets, financial modeling)
- Proficiency in Power BI, Netsuite or Salesforce is a plus
- Exceptional work ethic, highly efficient and accurate, excellent attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently (and as part of a team) to proactively take ownership of work product (driven, diligent and self-motivated)
- Excellent time management skills and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Trustworthy and discreet with confidential financial, customer and employee data
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.